ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: taskdef, class not found
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:59:54 GMT
>Ah, I was fooled by the package name indeed. Thanks for
>spotting that Jan. I'm not sure there's a process for that,
>but shouldn't the batik folks be warned not to use (usurp)
>Ant's package names? --DD

Changing the package name is difficult for BWC reasons, but a hint would
be helpful.
I wont force anyone not to use "our" package, but you should think about
the sense.

I would prefer <projectPackageName>.ant as package for Ant-specifica.
So this would be something like org.apache.batik.ant.RasterizerTask
instead of
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.RasterizerTask.

Should we ping the batik mailing list with a short summary and the link
to this thread?

Jan