ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Compile Sources Specific to Its Subproject But Not Sources They Depend On
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:54:54 GMT
>I am under the impression that Eclipse uses SUN compiler
>because it uses the libraries i.e. tools.jar from the JDK
>directory. Am I wrong?

Yes - you´re wrong.
The Eclipse team has implemented their own compiler. E.g. the incremental compiling is not
part of the Sun compiler (AFAIK). And they work hard to be (and keep) standard compliant.

A few weeks ago I read about a possibility that you can use the Eclipse compiler from Ant.
But I cant remember where .... so happy googling ;-)

Jan