ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <Jon.Sk...@clearswift.com>
Subject RE: basedir returning the canonical rather than absolute directory?
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:37:11 GMT
> I'm using ${basedir} to work out where to write files to (I
> navigate around a bit). Unfortunately, if I'm working within
> a symlinked directory, basedir ends up being the canonical
> directory rather than the symlinked one. Sample project:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
>
> <project target="test">
>
>   <target name="test">
>     <echo>${basedir}</echo>
>   </target>
>
> </project>
>
> Run this from a symlinked directory, and you see the
> canonicalised name.
> Is there any way of suppressing this behaviour?
>
> Environment: Linux (Fedora Core 3), Ant 1.6.5, Java 1.5

To reply to my own question - it looks like it's Java which is doing
this. A simple Java program which just prints out
new File("foo").getAbsolutePath()
prints out the canonical path. It may be something in the Java shell
script. I'll have to work out how to fix things up manually...

Jon

Clearswift monitors, controls and protects all its messaging traffic in compliance with its
corporate email policy using Clearswift products.
Find out more about Clearswift, its solutions and services at http://www.clearswift.com

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged information intended solely
for the named addressee(s). It may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which
it has been sent. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or
take any action in reliance on it. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this message are those
of the individual sender and not of Clearswift. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify Clearswift by emailing support@clearswift.com quoting the sender and
delete the message and any attached documents. Clearswift accepts no liability or responsibility
for any onward transmission or use of emails and attachments having left the Clearswift domain.

This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for Content Security
threats, including computer viruses.