ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <Jon.Sk...@clearswift.com>
Subject RE: junit & ant
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:54:17 GMT
> I am sure that most of you have seen this message com across
> the list before.  I am trying to use junit with ant.  I want
> to be able to have the junit.jar file reside somewhere else
> than in the ANT_HOME/lib directory.  I have searched the web
> for ideas about how to solve this problem but nothing seems
> to work.  Currently, I am trying to move ant-junit.jar and
> junit.jar into the same dir and declare my own taskdef.  I
> keep getting the following error:
>
> build.xml:42:taskdef class
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask cannot be found
>
> I have seen on the web that this seems to be a fairly common
> problem, so I was thinking that someone must know how to do this.
>
> Again, I know this had probably come across the mailing list
> before, so any help (or a pointer to another mailing list
> thread that might yield the answer) would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that in the current nightly builds, this is fixed thanks to
Jesse Glick - but I don't know what's required to get it working.

As far as I remember, your options are:
1) Specify a "lib" directory on the command line
2) Put junit.jar into the lib directory
3) Take ant-junit.jar out of the lib directory

Jon

Clearswift monitors, controls and protects all its messaging traffic in compliance with its
corporate email policy using Clearswift products.
Find out more about Clearswift, its solutions and services at http://www.clearswift.com

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged information intended solely
for the named addressee(s). It may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which
it has been sent. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or
take any action in reliance on it. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this message are those
of the individual sender and not of Clearswift. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify Clearswift by emailing support@clearswift.com quoting the sender and
delete the message and any attached documents. Clearswift accepts no liability or responsibility
for any onward transmission or use of emails and attachments having left the Clearswift domain.

This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for Content Security
threats, including computer viruses.