ant-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Wood" <EW...@llbean.com>
Subject Issue overriding a target in build.xml that is importing other build files with the same target
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:14:01 GMT
I have a build.xml (A.xml) that defines:

<target name="deploy" depends="build" >

A.xml imports a build.xml file (B.xml) which does NOT have a deploy
target.
B.xml imports a build.xml file (C.xml) which does have a deploy target.
C.xml imports a build.xml file D.xml) which does have a deploy target.

So A.xml imports B.xml which imports C.xml which imports D.xml. A.xml,
C.xml and D.xml all have deploy targets.

When I execute A.xml with -debug I get the following output:
      Already defined in main or a previous import, define deploy as
C.deploy
 then the line
      Already defined in main or a previous import, define deploy as
D.deploy

So far so good, then I get the following line in the debug output:
    Build sequence for target(s) `deploy' is [init, clean-loop, clean,
_fetch, fetch, _compile, compile, _gatherReferences, gatherReferences,
_manifestClassPath, manifestClassPath, _manifest, manifest, _package,
package, build, deploy]

This is the dependency list for D.xml's deploy target. The build starts
to execute the targets in the depends="" and the build fails because
A.xml can't support the functionality that D.xml is expecting. That is
why I overrode the functionality in A.xml in the first place.

Any ideas why I am not executing my "deploy" in A.xml?

Eric