ant-user mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: ant xslt on java 1.5
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:10:33 GMT
Mark Lybarger wrote:
> i'll go ahead and reply to my own post. the "solution" seems to put
> xalan.jar into the ant lib folder.  With it there, the task works,
> without that jar there, it doesn't work.
>
> I tried creating my own xslt task by extending the main task for ant's
> xslt.  I thought this might get me around any classloader issues.  I
> then put xalan.jar into the classpath of my task, but that gave the
> same results.
>
> Maybe I was still running into classloader issues.   I'd really like
> to have a "working", standalone xslt task that allows me to specify
> the xmlcatalog and

Hi,

I think the problem is with SUN renaming the package that holds the
xalan classes. It makes XSLTC load first in Ant's code. (You were seeing
a bug in XSLTC trying to compile the XSL).

Perhaps you could specify the processor attribute on the Xslt task.
Check out for more info on getting the right Transformer class (starts
with com.sun. now):

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/xml/jaxp/JAXP-Compatibility_150.html#packageNames

best,
-Rob