ant-user mailing list archives

From Sergei Dubov <sdu...@gmail.com>
Subject Set property is not seen?
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 18:52:00 GMT
Hi guys,

I have an interesting situation. I'd appreciate any help. Basically here
is the idea:

1. In my project directory I have lib/endorsed directory. It is
populated with jar files at Ant runtime (through Ivy). The target that
does it is called 'resolve'.

2. At the end of resolve, I have the following:

<fileset dir="${endorsed.lib.dir}" id="bootclasspath.jars"
                  includes="*.jar"/>
   <pathconvert property="endorsed.path.id" refid="bootclasspath.jars"/>

3. There is a another task called 'test' that makes use of
endorsed.path.id property like this:
<jvmarg value="-Xbootclasspath/p:${endorsed.path.id}"/>

test depends on resolve.

So, the question is why is ${endorsed.path.id} is not understood by Ant
as a property. I thought once I set the property anywhere in the script,
it will be resolved to its value.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Serge