ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: taskdef, class not found
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:59:11 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:
>> The classname you provided sounds like one of Ant's, because Ant uses
>> org.apache.tools.ant as
>> main package. But the default file for taskdefs [1] does not list that
>> class. And there is no such class in the repo [2].
>
> Ah, I was fooled by the package name indeed. Thanks for spotting that
> Jan. I'm not sure there's a process for that, but shouldn't the batik
> folks be warned not to use (usurp) Ant's package names? --DD

Well, if we signed and sealed our JAR files, they wouldn't be able to.

Actually, we may want to add a special hook for it in the diagnostics,
the bit in ant1.7 that treats
Ant's own tasks differently from third parties, and if it recognises the
batik task name  it says "any problems here, its Batik's"