ant-user mailing list archives

From Shay Thompson <sthom...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Looking for an Ant Task
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 01:05:48 GMT

:) sorry, wasn't trying to be confusing.

The program I'm using is the WebLogic console program called WLST.  It's
basically a shell program for WebLogic which allows you to do things
like deploy and undeploy applications.  An example use is to start the
program, log in, enter edit mode, deploy an application, save and then
exit.  After each command I need to parse the output to verify the step
was successful before writing the next command.

Using Telnet to connect to a remote machine, or the local one for that
matter, allows me to do this because the Telnet task allows for multiple
read/writes in a single runtime where the <exec> task only allows for 1
write and the 1 read which is the end result.

This script is used for testing on multiple machines, some of which it
will be run on locally, and I'd prefer not to have to tell everyone that
uses it that they have to turn on a telnet server just to run it
locally.  For now, Windows is the only OS I'm concerned about.  We are
using Ant 1.6.3 and some version of the contrib library.

Thanks,
Shay