ant-user mailing list archives

From Shay Thompson <sthom...@adobe.com>
Subject Looking for an Ant Task
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2006 23:13:37 GMT

I'm trying to find an Ant task that will let me work with a command-line
program with multiple read/writes.

The problem I've run into is how to communicate with this program
locally.  For remote servers, I can use the <telnet> Ant task to telnet
to the remote machine, start up the and send the commands.  Locally,
there's no Ant task that I know of which can do *multiple *reads and
writes to a program/shell/console.

The only solution I've found so far is to actually telnet into the local
machine, which allows me to use the <telnet> Ant task.

An example of what I mean:

<read>myprompt:</read>
<write>dosomething</write>
<read>Response from dosomething</read>