ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Generating PDF documentation .
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 11:35:15 GMT wrote:
> Hi ,
>         Would like to know , how to generate the PDF documentation similar
> to what is found in ANT docs (appendix_e.pdf) .
> Nimish

ahh. Fully automated PDF generation is still on the todo list.

Appendix E is "appendix E" of Java development with Ant, which was done by

-writing the xdoclet based stuff in the sandbox to generate simple
documentation from the source
-annotating every single file with meaningful descriptions
-generating some intermediate form
-fixing it up by hand in frame maker (which took a professional typesetter)

We want to improve automated doc generation, but nobody has invested the
effort in setting up the build process or porting all existing docs+
examples, which would be a lot of work.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message