ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant FTP Hangs
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:44:42 GMT
JWM wrote:
> Rhino,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I'm certain the space is there.  Also, the first time
> it transferred a bunch of files and hung.  Restarted and it transferred a
> bunch more files before it hung, etc.  Ditto several times. If it was a
> target space problem, I suspect it would hit a wall at the same file each
> time.
>
> I'll check out the other FTP task and see if I have better luck.
>
> In the meantime, if anybody else knows a way to drill down with additional
> traces/logs to see precisely what is hanging, I'm willing to do the
> analysis.

You could maybe do a verbose run, but realistically, you are into
debugging distributed systems at this point, which means you are out of
the world of easily replicable conditions.

-If you can, use <scp>. Its a far more reliable way of transferring
files, because the structure of date/time is more formal. the ftp code
has to parse the responses, and in the past has had trouble with
localised text and windows.

-make sure you have the latest ftp libraries.

-steve