ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: taskdef, class not found
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 02:58:28 GMT
> <taskdef name="rasterize"
> classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.RasterizerTask" />

This is not necessary. It's implicitly done by Ant, for all core and
optional task.

> Now, when I run the task, ant keeps complaining that the RasterizerTask
> cannot find one of the classes it relies upon (which I have found in another
> jar file related to the Batik framework).
>
> I know I can add a classpath attribute to the taskdef to specify where to
> look for the RasterizerTask class.  But, if, I'm not wrong, this classpath
> will not help ant finding the other classes this class relies upon, hence
> the error message.

You should have tried, because either that, or putting the Batik
Jar(s) in ant/lib, or putting it/them on the CLASSPATH, or using the
-lib command line argument would all work. How could Ant know about
classes you haven't told the JVM were these are? Good luck, --DD