ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compile Sources Specific to Its Subproject But Not Sources They Depend On
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:54:19 GMT
Hmmm, I don't know of any way to have the SUN compiler generate the
classes the way you describe if you really have circular dependencies
between the 2 projects. Eclipse must be using its own compiler to do
that.

Again, assuming you really have circular dependencies, you can't
compile projectA and projectB independently without having either's
src/ dir in the sourcepath, or the compiled classes of one in the
classpath, but to have the latter you end up with a chicken-and-egg
pb, while the former implies (with SUN's compiler) that some of the
other project classes will be output in the first projects build/ dir.

I hope I am making sense to you ;-) Good luck,

"avoid circular dependencies between projects" (tm) --DD