ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Ander...@nike.com>
Subject Get the modification time of a file into a property.
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:02:48 GMT
I have a custom Ant task that I am using to extract documents from a
document management system based on modification time. I plan to touch a
file (lastrun.txt) at the end of the process to capture the time that
the process ran, then during the next run somehow get the modification
time of that file into a property for use in my custom task. Here is the
sequence...

1. If lastrun.txt exists, get the modification time into a property.
2. Extract the documents based on the property if it exists. If property
does not exist, just get everything.
3. Touch the file lastrun.txt

I don't know how to accomplish step 1. I could write a wrapper script to
get the value and pass it into Ant, but I would prefer to do this within
Ant.

Thanks in advance.

Robert Anderson
Sr. System Engineer
Nike - Global Trade IT
503-532-6803

Never let me slip, cuz if I slip, then I'm slippin. - Dr. Dre