ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <>
Subject Re: Set property is not seen?
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:06:01 GMT
Is your 'resolve' target called via an <antcall> target?
If it is any properties/refids that are created/assinged by the target invoked by the <antcall>
will NOT be defined/accessible after the <antcall> target calll returns.
With ANT 1.6.x you can refactor your code to use <macrodef> targets and eliminate the
<antcall> calls

----- Original Message ----
From: Sergei Dubov <>
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:52:00 PM
Subject: Set property is not seen?

Hi guys,

I have an interesting situation. I'd appreciate any help. Basically here
is the idea:

1. In my project directory I have lib/endorsed directory. It is
populated with jar files at Ant runtime (through Ivy). The target that
does it is called 'resolve'.

2. At the end of resolve, I have the following:

<fileset dir="${endorsed.lib.dir}" id="bootclasspath.jars"
   <pathconvert property="" refid="bootclasspath.jars"/>

3. There is a another task called 'test' that makes use of property like this:
<jvmarg value="-Xbootclasspath/p:${}"/>

test depends on resolve.

So, the question is why is ${} is not understood by Ant
as a property. I thought once I set the property anywhere in the script,
it will be resolved to its value.

Thanks a lot for any help!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: