ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject Re: How to avoid redundat path and fileset declerations
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:38:53 GMT
--- Konstantinos Karadamoglou <>
> What I could do is
> to have a global <fileset> but this cannot be done
> regarding the
> nature of the project I am involved with. There is
> not a starting
> directory for <fileset>.

This use will be covered in more than one way in Ant
1.7 with resource collections.  In particular there is
a <files> collection that uses absolute paths as
include patterns and has no base directory.  Read on
for some help you can use now...

> So at the end I have to update all filesets and
> classpaths whenever I
> add or remove a library or resource :(
> Do you know how I can tackle that problem? How do
> you avoid such kind
> of redundancies? How do you keep a central point of
> filesets/paths?
> Thank you in advance, Kostas

see the id/refid construct mentioned at:

This convention is available for most of Ant's built
in "types"

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: