ant-user mailing list archives

From "kinjal" <>
Subject How to FTP Empty Dirs
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 11:22:16 GMT
Hi All,

I am using FTP task of ANT as below:

<input message="Please enter the Drive latter you mapped for Components:"

<ftp  server=""

	 	<fileset dir="${Component}\New Folder\">
				  <include name="**"/>

This works fine, but there is some empty directories in "${Component}\New
Folder\" which are not being transfer. How to transfer them?

Reply me ASAP.

Kinjal Vohra
Telephone:+91 22 5556 7139
Cell         :+91 9867 240708
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran []
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 17:15
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Ant FTP Hangs

JWM wrote:
> Rhino,
> Thanks for the reply.  I'm certain the space is there.  Also, the first
> it transferred a bunch of files and hung.  Restarted and it transferred a
> bunch more files before it hung, etc.  Ditto several times. If it was a
> target space problem, I suspect it would hit a wall at the same file each
> time.
> I'll check out the other FTP task and see if I have better luck.
> In the meantime, if anybody else knows a way to drill down with additional
> traces/logs to see precisely what is hanging, I'm willing to do the
> analysis.

You could maybe do a verbose run, but realistically, you are into
debugging distributed systems at this point, which means you are out of
the world of easily replicable conditions.

-If you can, use <scp>. Its a far more reliable way of transferring
files, because the structure of date/time is more formal. the ftp code
has to parse the responses, and in the past has had trouble with
localised text and windows.

-make sure you have the latest ftp libraries.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: