ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gilbert.Reb...@huk-coburg.de>
Subject RE: Changing the "leading directory" path on a directory tree
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 07:32:15 GMT

Hi,

when dealing with properties within a for loop, you
have to keep in mind, that properties are immutable,
so you have to use variable properties,
f.e. =

<target name="main">

<fileset id="files" dir="T:/foobar/blaa" includes="*.*" />

<for param="file">
<path>
<fileset refid="files" />
</path>
<sequential>
<echo>
     Filepath === @{file}
 </echo>
<var name="filename" unset="true" />
<basename property="filename" file="@{file}" />

<echo>
 Filename === ${filename}
</echo>
</sequential>
</for>

</target>

if you delete the line

<var name="filename" unset="true" />

the property ${filename} is set in the first loop
and stays the same in all following loops

Regards, Gilbert