ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gilbert.Reb...@huk-coburg.de>
Subject RE: Grep?
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 11:52:11 GMT

Hi, Dale

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Anson [mailto:danson@grafidog.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 6:38 PM
To: Ant Users List
Cc: gakins@insomnia-consulting.org
Subject: RE: Grep?

/*
It's my fault that Antelope and Ant-Contrib aren't in sync.  I tend to
add
things to Antelope, use it a while, then eventually get around to adding

it to ant-contrib.  I'm way behind on updates to ant-contrib...
*/

Also the manual of antcontrib isn't uptodate...

Would be nice to have all that usefull stuff from Antelope and
AntContrib
in one package.

But there's a ' workaround ' = i just use both.

The only thing, that there are some tasks with the same name, but
different behaviour, f.e. if / antcontrib has if /then/else(if) but
if / Antelope has no then.

So because there are differences one cannot use just =

<!-- Import AntContrib -->
<taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antlib.xml" />
<!-- Import Antelope -->
<taskdef resource="ise/antelope/tasks/antlib.xml" />

you have to pick the specific taskdefs if you want to use antcontrib
and antelope tasks in the same buildfile, f.e. =

<!-- Import AntContrib -->
<taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antlib.xml" />
<!-- Import Antelope unset -->
<taskdef name="unset" classname="ise.antelope.tasks.Unset"/>

/*
"Unset" is sort of in ant-contrib, it's an attribute of the "variable"
task. I found it useful enough that it is handy to have as a separate
task.
*/

yep, even there's missing an unset file="property.xml", means one cannot
unset properties set by xmlproperty ... but i used the workaround =

<echoproperties prefix="foobar" destfile="T:\bla\props.txt"/>

<unset file="T:\bla\props.txt"/>

Finally = i use antcontrib  _and_  Antelope, as there's a lot of useful
stuff
in Antelope, that's missing in antcontrib.

Keep up the good work !

Regards, Gilbert