ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Grep?
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 00:21:29 GMT
Regexp and/or FilterChains may be the solution to your problem. Go to the
Ant manual, click on "Concepts and Types", choose "Regexp" from the Core
Types, and start reading. You'll probably want to click on various links
within the Regexp article, like "LineContainsRegexp filer" and
"ContainsRegex string filter".

The "FilterChains and FilterReaders" topic, also under Core Types, may be
even more useful. This lengthy article describes a variety of different
filters you can create to find rows that have only certain kind of content.
You can probably locate your errors with these techniques. I'm far from an
expert - I only started using these recently - but this should get you
started.

--
Rhino

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Akins" <gakins@insomnia-consulting.org>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 4:23 PM
Subject: Grep?

This seems like it shouldn't be a big deal, but I wasn't able to find
anything after a couple Google searches.

Running several ant build files through a master file (CruiseControl),
I'd like to grep the output of a file to see if any errors occurred
(can't through an Ant failure because the file can contain some
errors)

I'm using <exec/> to run sql*plus... The results get dumped to ant's
logging, and I want to search for particular ora- errors?

Any tips that don't involve me writing my own Ant task?

Any help is really appreciated.

Greg Akins