ant-user mailing list archives

From glenn opdycke-hansen <>
Subject Re: Help with Microsoft visual source safe ant task
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:10:32 GMT
We learned the same lesson.  If files are checked out of vss, then
getting the files will either not get the file or will get an older
version of the file (i do not recall which is true).
So has anyone created a utility to list which files have been checked
out from vss?  That would be helpful to run prior to a build.

On 2/13/06, Jon Skeet <> wrote:
> > I am new to Microsoft visual source ant task. I am trying to
> > checkout using ant.There is also get for vss.what is the
> > difference ? . what is the right syntax
> Under VSS, check out means "get the file and acquire a lock on it". It
> fetches it read-write instead of read-only, and locks it so that other
> users can't also check it out (they can only fetch the latest version).
> (VSS can be configured to allow multiple checkouts, but you get the
> idea.)
> Jon
> Clearswift monitors, controls and protects all its messaging traffic in compliance with
its corporate email policy using Clearswift products.
> Find out more about Clearswift, its solutions and services at
> This communication is confidential and may contain privileged information intended solely
for the named addressee(s). It may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which
it has been sent. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or
take any action in reliance on it. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this message are those
of the individual sender and not of Clearswift. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify Clearswift by emailing quoting the sender and
delete the message and any attached documents. Clearswift accepts no liability or responsibility
for any onward transmission or use of emails and attachments having left the Clearswift domain.
> This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for Content
Security threats, including computer viruses.