ant-user mailing list archives

From Dale Anson <>
Subject Re: =?x-unknown?Q?=BFHow?= to split a file? Split Task?????
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 19:09:51 GMT
The split task referenced in the bug is the same split task from Antelope.

To use the Antelope version:
1. download the task zip file from
2. unzip the file.  It has documentation and source as well as a jar file.
Copy the jar file to your ${ant.home}/lib directory.
3. adjust your build file to use the task by adding a line like this
near the top of the build file:
<taskdef name="split" classname="ise.antelope.tasks.SplitTask"/>

Then you can use the task like any other task, and you won't need the "a:"
in front of the task.