ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Real meaning of javac target/source attributes
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:39:40 GMT
Your assumptions are incorrect; @target & @source have to do with language
features and class file formats, not APIs.

The only 100% safe way I know of to make sure you aren't using improper
APIs is to make sure you are compiling against the class library from the
*lowest common denominator* JDK version you need to support. There are
other ways to accomplish this (and Ant itself makes use of some of those
techniques) but you can't rely on those being 100% safe.

--
Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
IBM WebSphere Application Server Development