ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: command line target available from inside build script?
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:34:19 GMT
>sure I did. however, searching for "property target available ant"
>does not necessarily return a satisfying answer.
>
>http://ant.apache.org/manual/using.html#built-in-props
>doesn't list the target property or something similar ...
>
>sorry for looking in the wrong places :-)

A search inside the mailing archive is a good place.
I did just now, but TheAimsGroup only shows
  "Message-body searching has been temporarily disabled."

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&w=2&r=1&s=target%20name%20prope
rty&q=b

Also a search inside jGuru is a good source.
But also only
  "Sorry... search database offline briefly
  We're updating the search database at the moment. Please try again
later."

http://www.jguru.com/search/results.jsp?resource=jGuru:forum&resource=jG
uru:faq&reviewed=any&view=byrelevance&query=ant%20target%20name%20proper
ty

So in short:
- there is no property with the target name(s)
- create a wrapper which passes the target additional as property

I have found an example on my machine...

Jan

ant2.bat
---8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<------
-8-<----
@echo off
set opts=

:loop
if "%1"=="" goto run
if "%opts%" neq "" set opts=%opts%::
set opts=%opts%%1
shift
goto loop

:run
call ant -Dtargetnames=%opts% %*
set opts=
---8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<------
-8-<----

build.xml
---8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<-------8-<------
-8-<----
<project name="targetnamesAsProperty" default="target1">
    <target name="target1">
        <echo>Target 1</echo>
        <echo>Targetnames = ${targetnames}</echo>
    </target>
    <target name="target2">
        <echo>Target 2</echo>
        <echo>Targetnames = ${targetnames}</echo>
    </target>
    <target name="target3">
        <echo>Target 3</echo>
        <echo>Targetnames = ${targetnames}</echo>
    </target>
</project>
-8-<----