ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Read Build File Fom a Jar
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 06:33:57 GMT
Cant find the thread, but we had a discussion about that on the dev list.
Background is that most of Ant will support <resource>s as a more abstract type than
<fileset> or <path>. Many tasks do that already in HEAD.

While thinking about that, what about the buildfile itself? E.g. <resource> could be
an UrlResource, FileResource, inside JAR, ...
The problem (the one I remember ;-) is that relative paths are resolved against basedir which
is derived from the buildfile. AFAIK we havent thought deeper about that.

So short answer: I dont see a possibility for a jar-intern buildfile.

Jan