ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Support for JUnit 4?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 06:44:07 GMT
Because JUnit4 is just released and it seemed to me that it wasnt very clear available in the
cvs (as Gump has used only the 'old' 3.8.1), I doubt that there are many thoughts about integrating
JUnit4 into Ant yet.

JUnit4 also needs Java5 due to extensive use of annotations and generics. Ant´s guideline
is to be buildable on JDK1.2. Therefore JUnit4 could be only an optional add-on - like apt
support.

What does Ant with JUnit at this time? Having a JUnitRunner (<junit>) and building a
report from that output (<junitformat>). From the user point of view nothing changes.
Ant does not use on of the existing JUnit runners (AFAIK) - it implements its own.
We could see how to run JUnit4-tests with that and where enhancements are needed.

If you want to spent time on that you´re welcome ;-)

Jan