ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: problem in installing ant-SOLVED; thankyou
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 14:12:30 GMT
For clarification:

PATH
You dont _have_ to set the path to %ANT_HOME%\bin. You could also always use the absolute
path to ant.bat :-)  But setting path is more comfortable.

ANT_HOME
You also dont have to set this, because ant.bat set´s this from its own location.
    rem %~dp0 is expanded pathname of the current script under NT
    set DEFAULT_ANT_HOME=%~dp0..
    if "%ANT_HOME%"=="" set ANT_HOME=%DEFAULT_ANT_HOME%

tools.jar
Ant is a java program so you dont need a jDk just for running Ant. But Ant is also a development
tool - some capabilities of Ant makes use of classes in tools.jar. For example the <javac>
task for compiling java sources. So without a tools.jar Ant will run as far as it could. As
long as you dont compile ....

But Ondrej pointed you to the right direction :-)

Jan