ant-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Goktepe <andrewgokt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant-based installers
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 13:03:09 GMT
>have a gui for end users that creates a script for deploying to the local
box?
No. It doesn't have to create a script - I already have one.

>make it easy for someone who doesn't know ant to deploy to many systems?
Yes. The Ant script does all of the real work, but it's exposure to the user
should be minimal.

Our applications have many properties and xml files within the ear file and
elsewhere that need to be configured for the particular environment being
used. I already have an Ant script that will configure these files and
deploy the application to any of several application servers, but I want a
GUI front-end to collect all of the settings from the user before running
the script.

-Andrew