ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AntUnit tests need fully-qualified names
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:13:25 GMT
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Vladimir Egorov <vegorov@bea.com> wrote:

> The absolute path to build file depends on the system.

Agreed.

> In JUnit, the fully-qualified class name does not depend on the
> system.

I'm with Vishal here, the project name probably maps better to the
fully qualified class name than the file name - even a relative one.

> P.S. I don't see any problem with separating (relative path to)
> build file and target name.

A (currently only fictuous) XML AntUnit formatter should be able to
extract the project name, the file name of the build file (relative
path would be possible, but harder to do) as well as the target
name(s).

Right now everything in AntUnit is up for discussion, this certainly
applies to the output of any formatters.

Stefan