ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Directory and Fileset question
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 04:57:24 GMT
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006, Mark Russell <mark_russell@instantiations.com>
wrote:

> I have a collection of directories (bin, META-INF, ...) that I need
> to copy into a single directory (deploy).

Do you need to copy those directories or only their contents?
I.e. will root/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF become
root/deploy/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF or root/deploy/MANIFEST.MF?

> I also have certain includes and excludes that need to be applied to
> the files in each of the directories.  However I don't know the
> directories until runtime.

How are those directories specified?

> I'm looking for suggestions on hoe to go about this.

Probably something like

<copy>
  <fileset dir="root">
    <and>
      <selector making sure the files are inside one of the
                directories you need/>
      <selector selecting the includes only/>
      <not>
        <selector selecting the excludes only/>
      </not>
    </and>
  </fileset>
</copy>

and if necessary throw in a mapper to remove directory prefixes.

Stefan