ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merge manifest files
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 04:59:59 GMT
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Giovanni Mesturini <jo_4_ant@yahoo.it> wrote:

> I'm going to set up a temporary-maven-compilant
> project, taking source code from many different src
> dirs into one. I can't find the way to merge up all
> manifest files from many projects into a single one.

There is no built-in one.

What probably would work is to create jar files for each of your
manifests (putting the manifests in as META-INF/MANIFEST.MF) and then
merge those jars with <jar> and <zipgroupfileset> setting the
filesetmanifest attribute to "merge".  This final jar would then
contain a merged manifest that you could extract with <unjar>.

> I've also considered the possibility to use a
> (unknown) task to merge up simple plain text files,

<concat>

> appending contents from one to the other. In this
> case, will a manifest work without optimization? (with
> two class-path property then).

No, it will not be a valid Manifest anymore.

Stefan