ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support for JUnit 4?
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 04:55:21 GMT
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Marian Petras <Marian.Petras@sun.com> wrote:

> I would like to know about the current status of Ant's support for
> JUnit 4.

The junit task currently only supports JUnit 3 style tests, this means
you must wrap your JUnit 4 tests in a JUnit4TestAdapter in order to
run them in Ant.  In order to change that, Ant would need a different
test runner, or at least a different logic inside the test runner.

If you go the JUnit4TestAdapter route all tests will have the same
name (IMHO a flaw in JUnit4TestAdapter).  This has been pointed ot by
Ben Maurer on the junit mailing list.  This renders the reports more
or less useless.

Beyond that we may need to extend the JUnitTestListener logic to
record ignored tests as Steve says.

I don't think anything else is needed, but may be wrong.  Ant
certainly won't start to use JUnit 4 for its own tests, and we
certainly won't drop JUnit 3 support anytime soon.

> Is it going to be implemented? In which version and when is the
> version to be released?

There aren't any concrete plans, yet.

Stefan