ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AntUnit tests need fully-qualified names
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 05:16:21 GMT
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Vladimir Egorov <vegorov@bea.com> wrote:

> The plainlistener that comes with AntUnit uses test target names as
> results names.

The plainlistener is more or less just a proof of concept.  When I put
it together I needed someting to quickly show to myself that AntUnit
really did what it was supposed to.

> Since two or more build files can define target named testFoo, this
> can lead to naming conflicts.

It does print the build file prior to listing the targets, doesn't it?

> Although one can write a custom AntUnit listener, it would be nice
> to standardize on the "fully-qualified" test target naming. Is there
> any plan or discussion of this?

None yet.

The current implementation matches what Ant does in the JUnit case, we
separate between test class name and test name, both in the plain text
and the XML listeners.  Given that we don't have any XML listener in
AntUnit yet, I'd expect us to list build file and target there as
well.

How would you want to create the fully qualified name (what would it
look like)?  Why do you think it would be better than separating the
information on build file and target?

Cheers

        Stefan