ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support for JUnit 4?
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 05:22:23 GMT
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Jan Materne <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

> Because JUnit4 is just released and it seemed to me that it wasnt
> very clear available in the cvs

It has, they just used an approach different from the one we use at
Apache.  While "our" projects create a branch with a release so that
our HEAD/trunk is free for new developments, JUnit 4 was developed on
a branch and merged into HEAD when it was done.

> JUnit4 also needs Java5 due to extensive use of annotations and
> generics. Ant´s guideline is to be buildable on JDK1.2. Therefore
> JUnit4 could be only an optional add-on - like apt support.

or like Junit 3 ;-)

There isn't anything like an optional optional task.

Stefan