ant-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Schmetzer" <...@exubero.com>
Subject Re: Support for JUnit 4?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 12:33:21 GMT
On Wed, 22 February, 2006 11:59 am, Steve Loughran wrote:
> Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
>> I dont think you concur with me, Steve.
>> I dont see any advantage using annotations in JUnit4 neither.
>
> Having looked at the junit4, I dont see the point in the annotated design.
>
> by backing away from having a base class, they have to jump through lots
> of hoops to make everything work, hoops they have only themselves to
> blame.

Without claiming to understand the considerations that went into the
design of JUnit4, I get the feeling that it is a response to TestNG, which
relies entirely upon annotations for tagging test methods.

I think the whole point of this change is to reduce coupling between test
methods and the test infrastructure (TestCase, Assert and friends). By
loosening this coupling, there are more opportunities for testing
protected methods. But as you note, the test infrastructure must now work
harder.

Cheers!
--
Joe Schmetzer .:. Renaissance Developer .:. http://www.exubero.com/blog/