ant-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Duncan" <Paul.Dun...@yolus.com>
Subject RE: Ant Property Names
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 08:41:22 GMT
Stefan

Thanks for the reply; that answers my question perfectly.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:54 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ant Property Names

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Paul Duncan <Paul.Duncan@yolus.com> wrote:

> How long can an Ant Property name be?

No limit.

> What characters am I allowed to put in an Ant property name?

Any.  But you won't be able to use a property whose name contains the
character } from inside your build file.

Also XML sets certain limits on the characters you can use inside the
build file (characters < 32 except for the whitespace characters are
illegal, for example).

Stefan

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged.
If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail
and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use or dissemination
of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that
e-mails are susceptible to change. Yolus Limited shall not be responsible for
the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this
communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system.

Yolus Limited does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has
been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions
or interference.