ant-user mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <gma...@apache.org>
Subject Have an Ant script run even with missing JARs?
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:55:26 GMT
Hello,

I have an Ant build script for dynamic deployment of a web application
to Tomcat.  This requires a special Tomcat JARs to be added to the Ant
lib directory to run.  No problem here--Ant runs fine once I add the jar.

But I have small additional target unrelated to deployment I would like
my tech writer (she knows how to use Ant) to use to do some
testing/modification of a stylesheet.  When I gave her the buildfile,
Ant refused to run the target because it could not find the Tomcat JARs
mentioned above--even though these JARs are not used in this particular
target.

Of the two immediate solutions--quickly dump the Tomcat JAR in her
Ant/lib directory, or just comment out the deployment task in her
version of the file, I did the latter--and everything works fine.

But question--do I have a third option--is there an option I can set to
have Ant run even if it is missing some optional JARS, *if* those JARs
are unneeded by the specific target being run?

Thanks,
Glen