ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael MacFadden <m...@macfadden.org>
Subject Read Build File Fom a Jar
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:38:20 GMT
Hello,

I have a situation where a I would like to package a build file in a jar
file and then run ANT using this build file.  Is there any way I can do
this without extracting the build file from the jar file first?

Basically I am working in an arbitrary environment that uses a plugin
architecture.  My plugin exists as a jar file.  I would like to include
a build file with my plugin, and have ant run it.  The and classes are
accessible to my plugin, so the only real trick is getting ant to run
the build file from the jar.  I would like to avoid extracting the build
file to a temp location if possible.  Any thoughts?

Regards,
Mike MacFadden