ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Support for JUnit 4?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:59:19 GMT
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> I dont think you concur with me, Steve.
> I dont see any advantage using annotations in JUnit4 neither.

Having looked at the junit4, I dont see the point in the annotated design.

by backing away from having a base class, they have to jump through lots
of hoops to make everything work, hoops they have only themselves to blame.

One area we do need to check is that we have to run classes that dont
extend TestCase. I dont know if I committed it or not, but I did have
some code that would try and skip anything that was either abstract or
didnt extend TestCase. Now we have to pass down everything that isnt
abstract. (ant1.6 passes down everything, abstract classes included)

-steve