ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant ,ftp,java
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:55:31 GMT
Karthik wrote:
> Hi form
>
> On  running the ftp target (in build.xml ) from  java using
> "org.apache.tools.ant.*" I ageeint this Exception as below.

> ================
> <target name="TgtName">
>
>    <fileset dir="${libs}">
>     <include name="**/*.jar"/>
>   </fileset>
>
>   <ftp server="${ftptype}"
>        remotedir = "${ftpremotedir}"
>     userid = "${ftpid}"
>        password = "${ftppas}"
>           Port= "22"
>        action="put"
>     separator="/"
>   >

Please read the error text and think about what it means. A bit of
pondering will save a lot of time compared to posting for help on the
mailing list and getting back incomplete answers like this one.

> D:\TEST\unix.xml:38: error during FTP transfer:
> org.apache.commons.net.MalformedServerReplyException: Could not parse
> response code.

There was a server response code that could not be parsed

> Server Reply: SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.6.1p2

The server response that could not be parsed was "SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.6.1p2"

Everything else is left as an exercise for the reader.

-Steve