ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <a.solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject Re: Troubles with Ant's configuration
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 00:49:35 GMT
  The word "sometimes" hints on a third party software that breaks the
system. There are few candidates to look for - antiviruses and software
firewalls. I have seen them affecting Java application (and only them!)
in very strange ways. Personally I always disable them and for a long
time I have had viruses only with newly reinstalled computers (even
though they came with antiviruses installed), but you will need a
broadband router to protect your computer at home. Or maybe it is an
opposite - a worm intercepting system events affects ANT on your computer.

  Please check that other running applications do not deplete system
resources - for example, memory and windows handles.

  Also hardware failures (memory, overheating, not enough power, etc.)
can result in an unexplainable behaviour. Finally, your disk directory
structure can be broken and you may need to run disk doctor to fix it.

- Alexey.