ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding sh script in ant
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 07:34:02 GMT
bejoy wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I have a Shell Script to set the environment variables("setenv.sh").I want to
> put this script into my ant build sothat before doing any task the env
> variables has to set.How can I call this script in my build.xml.

no, that wont work.

The env variables set in a shell script only last for the shell script,
they wont get picked up by Ant. Its like local variables.

If you need ant to have env variables set, you need to set them first.
One trick is to take one of the startup scripts (.sh, .pl or .py),
rename it and extend it. Most app servers do just that.

-steve