ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <a.solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject Re: zip files, upload to ftp, unzip files
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 20:10:28 GMT
Usually FTP is the worst option you have (at least SCP is secure). It is
much better to mount destination directory locally and use simple <copy>
or <sync>. If it is impossible, you can run rsync or unison with normal
files without zipping them (they work incrementally, so next update will
only copy updated files). Finally, if you want to minimize traffic,
after transferring the ZIP you can run commands on another side using SSH.

- Alexey.