ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: keep going after error
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 14:33:40 GMT
simon wrote:
> hello list
>
> i have a target for a cruisecontrol test.
>
>   <target name="htmlunit-meta" description="htmlunit-meta target">
>     <echo>Starting Lenya..</echo>
>     <exec dir="${basedir}" resolveexecutable="true"
> executable="start-lenya.sh" spawn="true"/>
>     <sleep seconds="20"/>
>     <waitfor maxwait="40" maxwaitunit="second" checkevery="4000">
>         <and>
>           <socket server="192.168.100.108" port="8899"/>
>         </and>
>     </waitfor>
>     <ant dir="../../../test" inheritAll="false">
>       <property name="build.properties.file"
> value="adspotlight.build.properties"/>
>     </ant>
>     <echo>Stopping Lenya..</echo>
>     <exec dir="${basedir}" resolveexecutable="true"
> executable="stop-lenya.sh" spawn="true"/>
>   </target>
>
> it executes a shell scrip that start the webapp. then it uses ant to
> test the webapp and after the test it should stop the webapp.
>
> it works fine as long as the tests are working fine, but as soon a test
> fails the whole things is stoped and does not execute the stop script
> for the webapp. but it is important execute the last step even if the
> step before fails.
>
> does sombody have a hint for me?

The way I have done this is dont have the junit tests fail, instead set
a property if there was an error or failure. Then you shut down the
server after running the tests and before creating the reports and
calling <fail>

More recently I've been using cactus, which has an extended junit task
that lets you declare different  <sequence>s to
run to start or stop an app server before and after running the tasks. I
think it's a bit cactus biased, but may work for lenya too.

-steve