ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merge manifest files
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 13:45:27 GMT
Giovanni,

> Just tried, but it doesn't work completely. The
> resulting manifest is compilant but some dependencies
> in class-path are missing.

It should work. The process Stefan outlines ultimately uses the merge()
method you identified below, so if you were to use that directly you
would expect similar results, I think. It may be worth digging into
exactly how the class-path entries are being merged.

> Thanks. The last question: I saw on
> http://www.dpml.net/api/ant/1.6.4/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Manifest.html
> that the Ant class Manifest has a merge method that
> should be perfect for my problem (starting with an
> empty manifest and sequentially merge the others). But
> this class seems not to be exposed in XML Ant's tasks.
> Where can I find a tutorial on how to create new XML
> tasks exposing existing Ant classes?

You can look at two things. One is the code for the manifest task
itself, ManifestTask which uses the Manifest class to do most of its work.

For general info on Ant task writing, please refer to the links here:

http://ant.apache.org/manual/developlist.html

and particularly

http://ant.apache.org/manual/develop.html#writingowntask

Cheers