ant-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Vervelle <nicolas.verve...@steria.com>
Subject Re: Copy-Task
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:42:32 GMT

I haven't followed the beginning of the discussion so I may be wrong
about what it is about ;)
(Sorry if I misunderstood the question)

If you need to copy only modified files from local host to a remote
host, you can use a mehod similar to what I have done for updating the
http://www.jmol.org/ website.

The Ant script that copy the files to the web server can be found at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jmol/Jmol-web/build-deploy.xml?view=markup

It's based on MD5 checksum comparison to decide which files need to be sent.
I keep a cache.properties file to know what has been sent to the webserver.
There's extra stuff on the build file because the cache.properties file
is also kept under CVS and can be used from several computers.

Nico