ant-user mailing list archives

From Paul Pogonyshev <p.pogonys...@finamatics.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: how to exec with a set of files as multiple arguments?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:38:28 GMT
On 17 February 2006 18:21, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> >> Really sure? Or is this invoked one _after_ the other?
> >
> >Pretty sure that is how apply-parallel works.  The snippet
> >below is !parallel... :)
>
> mmh .... :)
> Ok, something to lern more ...
>
> I think Ant will create a new process for each.
>   5 arguments + parallel=true:  5 processes running parallel
>   5 arguments + parallel=false
>     create process
>     start process
>     wait for process
>     create 2nd process
>     wait for 5th process

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/apply.html

parallel

	Run the command only once, appending all files as arguments.
	If false, command will be executed once for every file.

maxparallel

	Limit the amount of parallelism by passing at most this many
	sourcefiles at once. Set it to <= 0 for unlimited. Since Ant 1.6.

Paul