ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: conditional execution
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:55:25 GMT
--- Paul Pogonyshev <p.pogonyshev@finamatics.com>
wrote:

> On 17 February 2006 17:07, Burgess, Benjamin wrote:
> > Ant-contrib has an "if" task which you could use.
> >
> > http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > However, the traditional Ant solution is to split
> each piece of
> > functionality into its own target, set properties
> based on condition,
> > and use the if / unless attributes on the targets.
>
> The problem is that I'm creating a macro, I don't
> feel like
> repeating the logic for each of similar targets...

If you can wait to create the macro(s) until the
condition is available for evaluation you can use
conditional target execution to create a different
macro depending on the result of evaluating the
condition... ;)

see
http://wiki.apache.org/ant/NewAntFeaturesInDetail/PresetDef

third example , "It is interesting to note...".

-Matt