ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: send email about status of the build
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 06:15:52 GMT
You can use the <record> task to capture output to a file.

For a more complete build status/notification system you should look into CruiseControl rather
than trying to add on the email/logging features to a build script.

Enjoy,

Ninju

----- Original Message ----
From: Deep Chand <dgiscool@gmail.com>
To: user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 11:52:38 PM
Subject: send email about status of the build

Hello community,

I'm a newbie to Ant. I tried to search for this solution but couldn't find.

I want to send emails with the status of the build and with logs if
there are errors. I'm able to send email and also the build process
works but I'm not able to figure out how to write the error logs in a
file from the ant script. Is there any task that can interpret the log
file or do I have to define a custom task?  I guess this should be a
very common problem ...so what's the recommended practice. Thanks in
advance.

I know I can use some thing like below to figure out if certain file
is present or not:

<condition property="foundErrors">
        <available file="errorFile">
    </condition>